Monday, November 23, 2009

The Arclight Makes Me Happy

There is a theater in Hollywood called the Arclight. It's my Disneyland. It makes me happy for so many reasons. There is assigned seating, so there is no need to ask the nice lady in row K to scoot down so I can sit next to my sister to see "Love Actually". You can pick your seats so you don't get stuck in the 3rd row on the far right with your brother-in-law to see "Borat" and get a crick in your neck while the fat guy's ginormous balls fly across the screen. The employees are happy and they love their jobs. Their name tags have their favorite movies below their names. Bravo to the ones brave enough to be truthful and not put down what will make them look cool and hipster-ish. And you're bound to see a celebrity or two, or even have the director introduce the movie on any random night.

This is the best part though...right after the previews are played, and before the feature starts, there is this theme music that has gongs that play brings a smile to my face. Every time. I remember my first trip there, wondering what all the fuss was about. I have been hooked ever since.

Arclight, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment