Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Every Kiss Does NOT Begin with Kay...

This commercial makes my skin crawl for so many reasons. It's irritating. The creep factor is through the roof. It's getting to be that time of year when men are ill-advised to run to the nearest "mall" jewelry store and get some corny chocolate/diamond combination gift box contraption. Not sure which is worse, the actual jewelry or the commercials. Check it out. You know the commercial. Do people really say these things? And if so, how does the chick not punch the dude after he says it?



"I'm right here...and I always will be..." Shame on you Kay Jewelers for preying on clueless men who just want to do nice things for their wife/gf/ladyfriend on February 14th! Side note: I wonder how many takes that scene took and how much those actors were paid!

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw this, I thought it was a trailer for a really awful horror film. Then, I thought, oh...this must be a PSA for date rape. Nope, wrong again. I feel hatred inside of me for all Kay Jewelers commercials, always have, but this one takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is - SICK! Hate that commercial. Thank you Ingrid for pointing this out...and for being so clever...and for giving me more hilarious content to read while at work!

    ReplyDelete