Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Last weekend was filled with fun, friends, sisters, surprises, cocktails and awkward moments. I wouldn't have it any other way. I turned 30 and celebrated in serious style.

It kicked off 30 days before my birthday, and each day leading up, someone from HS, UW, family or any random person called, texted, had a date with me, sent fun packages, flowers, etc. It was the best. My sister flew out here (I had no idea she was coming) and I also was joined by about 50 of my nearest and dearest to have some cocktails at The Den. My ladies surprised me with cupcake pops that were one of the best treats I have ever had. We drank, we laughed, we danced, I was hit on by a 21 year old young man who was on Spring Break (yeah, that happened). It was the perfect weekend. It was 80 and sunny. Yet the weekend wouldn't be complete without me ruining something of mine. Yup, that's right. I got the heel of one of my Louboutins stuck in a grate. I guess that brings reasons I shouldn't own nice things up to #472.

It's back to life and reality, but thanks to everyone who made the last month so incredible.

3 comments:

  1. Oh your poor Loubs! I'm glad that 30 was the best bday ever. You deserved every minute of it! I will never forget you crunching sprinkles in my ear... but you probably don't remember that : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. I didn't remember that but now I do. :) I want to be crunching those sprinkles right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like so much fun! (Except for the Louboutins part). I just turned thirty recently as well. So far, it's better than my twenties! :)

    ReplyDelete