Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sheboygan

A Packers foam "thing" (not sure what to call it) sits atop my desk and it has the name Oshkosh on it. Which just happened to stir up a convo with a co-worker this morning about names of cities in Wisconsin. They all seem normal to me. I grew up hearing them! But to the native New Yorker and average Joe from SoCal, not so much. The name sounds a little like a rumbling tummy. And for some reason, EVERYONE knows about or has heard of Sheboygan.

(Note, the population is 114, 561- not a booming metropolis by any means). Letterman name drops Sheboygan and it hasn't been a one time thing. My friend Siri's boyfriend went on a road trip on his moto and stopped in Sheboygan and thought it was rad. How could it not be? Fried cheese curds and beer?

Random blog post, I know. It's just one of those mornings! I've been here since the butt crack and am still tired from an INCREDIBLE weekend celebrating K and A! More on that to come...

3 comments:

  1. Car-Daughter LOVES Sheboygan!! I like saying it too. Sheboygan Sheboygan Sheboygan. That's not easy to type over and over. By the way, it's not a Bubbler and it's not a Tyme Machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ing, this is the third time I heard Sheboygan in 5 days! Someone mentioned it to me this afternoon. Did we grow up in the wrong place?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, that's so weird! We talked about it this past weekend too, so it's been on my mind. Clearly De Pere has NADA on Sheboygan. And Ri, I love that Car-daughter loves Sheboygan. Almost crashed my car on 43 trying to snap a photo of the exit to Sheboygan while driving to email to you.

    ReplyDelete