Thursday, June 24, 2010

Congratulations, Mr. Isner.

I know I just blogged about this. But wow. WOW. Hope enough people got out of their World Cup tunnel vision to recognize what has happened at Wimbledon. 11 hours and 5 minutes total. 112 aces. Shattering every sort of record. 70-68 was the final score in the fifth set. 183 total games played. 6 feet and 9 inches of a fighting American man. The Queen's first trip to The All England Club since 1977. Three days. Two darkness delays. Excited tennis fans everywhere.

Proud of you, Mr. Isner. You are one to watch. I wouldn't be mad if I saw you in the finals come July 4th.

3 comments:

  1. Here Here! (Where's the picture?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa I didn't know he was 6'9"!

    Boo, he already lost this morning. Buzz kill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Siri, I don't know what picture you're talking about.

    Katy, I was DEVASTATED to wake up to see that score. UGH. Total buzz kill, but I bet he does some damage at the Open this year!

    ReplyDelete