Monday, July 26, 2010

Comfortable Flats? Naw....I Don't Believe You.

I know what you're thinking. Aren't flats supposed to be comfy pillows of air under your feet? A lot of people think so. I think "comfortable flats" is an oxymoron in the Dictionary of Ingrid. I have 2 particular pair in mind by Mr. Jeffrey Campbell and Ms. Tory Burch that prove my theory. While I love the way they look, by the end of the day I feel like little men who live in my shoes have been taking sledgehammers to my big toes. So imagine my skepticism when I tried these suckers on and the nice lady who was scooping some up told me they were the best thing since sliced bread.

I tried them on and they were comfy. What?!?!? Comfy flats? I got them in camel leather (a great substitution for the Tory Burch Eddie flats in camel that I coveted this summer) and in silver. Here they are on my feet. (Ignore how veiny they look. Gross.)

I am a believer. I wore them today and am telling everyone I see at work to get a pair. And Gap is having a 30% off sale online today and tomorrow. So order lots of pairs and buy in multiples like I do! Thank me for your pampered feet later. (And they are much cuter in person than they are in that photo).

4 comments:

  1. Okay. I might have to sleep on it but I think I might purchase these tomorrow. They do look super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go pulling a Winehouse and beating these puppies up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a bad influence, sorry! I can't help myself! I make people buy things. :)

    D- don't worry, I will never ever pull a Winehouse! And I know better than to say never. But I am saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She does make people buy things. I bought 2 pairs within minutes of reading this post.

    ReplyDelete