Thursday, July 1, 2010

Making Up Words = No Good in My Book.

This is going to be an embarrassing post. Mostly because I will have to admit that I think a certain late 90's era boybander is all sorts of attractive. I can't explain it. I try to fight it. But it always wins. This is the man who I think is just a little bit delicious. His name is Nick Carter. But that is all I will admit to, just so you know.

I was recently watching an interview with those boys on the Palladia channel that I love so much. Nick was answering a question and he stumbled over a word. You could see the panic on his face as he wondered what the word was that he was searching for. He ended up saying "ESCAPEGOAT" when he really should have said scapegoat. I wasn't paying 100% attention but I annoyingly pick up on errors of that nature. I have bat-like hearing when it comes to grammar and vocabulary. I immediately rewound and made sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me. They sure weren't. Oh man. Epic fail. That makes it kind of hard to still heart him. But I suppose I can just look at him. I am sure I will forget about the escapegoat moment next time I hear him croon a love song. Sigh.

7 comments:

  1. Don't deny it Ings, you will always want to have his babies... bad vocab or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. should it be "esta el libro?" just asking:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. Maybe I translated wrong but I meant to say not good "in my book". Not "is my book". Estar means to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're still on that? HA! Not remotely close to escapegoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estar is for feelings and locations. You also use it for where a person/thing is....SO, if that person or thing is in a book?? Oh ser and estar...you are so fun. Wish I could speak spanish!

    ReplyDelete