Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nerd Alert.

I just loooooove awards season. I always thought The Golden Globes kicked it off and The Academy Awards were the end (with the Primetime Emmys sprinkled in between for fun). WRONG. I stand corrected. I am afraid that after last year's AMAZEBALLS ESPYs, I absolutely had to tune in this year and reconsider adding to my awards show must-see-TV roster. I DVRed all of it today- Sportscenter live from the Red carpet, Countdown to the ESPYs Red Carpet Interviews and the actual telecast. Seth Myers was great as a host. It was pretty sweet when everyone booed LeBron (assumed to be for his tool-bag tendencies). Myers ribbed the baby QB (Tebow) and the geriatric QB (Favre). It was a solid hosting job. I heart Seth Myers.

Best joke of the night? "It's great to be at the ESPYs in Los Angeles. This is where Sports and Entertainment come together. it's like a Kardashian sister's bedroom". Bam. Kind of true. Could be said for J. Simp as well.

After seeing this, it makes me even more excited for Football season. 7 weeks to go...GO BADGERS!

PS- Chris Johnson, I can't understand a word you are saying. Please remove the steak from your mouth when you're accepting you award.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think you're onto something. I would've watched for Seth Meyers alone. But that last comment about the Kardash sisters is pretty good. I'm sure it'll be on repeat so I'll search and DVR. Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be honest, it wasn't as good as last year, but if you happen to catch it, watch the first half hour! :)

    ReplyDelete