Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's Like Getting Jello When You Order Creme Brule...

Ok, that's a dramatic title, I know. I am feeling rather ill, and I think I am being punished for last weekend in Vegas. Since I'm not feeling so hot, I wasn't in the mood to go out to eat last night. So...a friend and I got take out. Craved burgers, so decided on Umami Burger. Their truffle burger is beyond out of this world. Called the order in for 2 truffle burgers, medium well and 2 orders of sweet potato fries. Repeated the order just to make sure. Hopped in the car (they don't deliver) and went to pick it up. Paid them $30 for burgers and fries and went home. Super excited to dig into said truffle burger. Right? Wrong.

Got home, and first noticed that the fries were regular fries. Whatever. I could get over that, although it was a bummer. Unwrapped the burger, took a bite and thought, wow...my throat must really be bad because I can barely taste the truffle! And then I looked at the burger and noticed it was medium rare bordering on rare. AND IT WASN'T A TRUFFLE BURGER. It was a SoCal burger. Kill. Probably didn't need to be eating that anyways. Big time sad face.

4 comments:

  1. OUCH! I would have gone back. Did it at Jimmy John's the other day - they gave me a frickin unwich! Who wants an unwich - where is my damn bread, I asked out loud! Got back in the car and drove all the way back. That's right...DO NOT MESS WITH MY FOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. This is waaay worse than Noah's Bagels conveniently forgetting to toast my bagel this morning. I was so ticked so I can imagine how heated you were. Truffle anything is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ma god. How dare they!?! Also, guess what? I was at the UNLV game!!! eeeek! Well kind of. I went to Vegas with my roommates and we tailgated (we didn't actually buy the football tickets). I hope you had a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete