Monday, October 25, 2010

What's That Smell?

I am a champion non-hair washer (does that even make sense?) and I can most of the time reallllly get away with it. My record is one to rival, although I won't cop to it here. I've been hearing about dry shampoo for ages and people swear by it so I thought I should finally pick up a bottle. I chose Oscar Blandi's Dry Shampoo (it's been the most touted brand out there). This is what it looks like:

And this is what it makes my hair smell like:

No, you're not seeing things. My friend Toucan Sam decided to crush up Froot Loops and put them in the dry shampoo bottle. That's the only explanation I can think of. I am sure the good people at Oscar Blandi didn't set out to make the scalps of America smell like fruity cereal, but that's what happens! My friend Kari can vouch for me, I made her stick her sniffer in my scalp at dinner on Friday night at Oakfire to make sure I wasn't nuts. She agreed. About the hair. Not about me being nuts.

4 comments:

  1. you will have to tell me what your record is through e mail :). I can also go quite a long time without washing my hair. I use the Bumble and Bumble spray shampoo. It's great and doesn't smell like cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works well! Just have to get used to the smell, and it might just be like that one me! Berner, I'll have to give B&B brand a try! I like the spray idea better anyways! Will email you later this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rene Furterer is my dry 'poo of choice but it gets to be super spendy. Oscar Blandi smells like Pledge on me. I'm jealous of your fruity fortune.

    ReplyDelete