Monday, November 28, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Friday, November 18, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Monday, September 26, 2011
Sunday, September 4, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
- Road trips are a GREAT time to sneak in visits with friends who are along the way, even if you just get to stop for a hug.
- Utah is beautiful. BUT there is absolutely no cell reception there. Zip. Zero. Zilch. If it's dark and you get a flat tire and you are alone, The Hills Have Eyes type of stuff is what will happen to you. I'm convinced.
- Oh, and in Utah there are like 2 gas stations. You should stop at each of them so you don't end up with a scenario like the bullet point before this one.
- Gas station food does not a good diet make. Especially for 2 1/2 days straight.
- Book on CD is KEY. I spent 2 FULL days in the car. Alone. Pretty sure I solved all of the world's problems in my head. Also "read" The Hunger Games (thank you Katy). Although since I couldn't see it in print, I thought the narrator was being lazy and calling what I thought was the character Peter "Pita" (pronounced Pee-tah). His name in the book is Peeta. Go figure.
- I can't keep a straight face when filling up my tank at a gas station called "Kum and Go". What. Don't pretend like you're so much more mature than I am. 12-year-old boy humor will get me EVERY TIME.
- Nebraska is an absolutely useless state. What is it good for? Besides being where Andy Roddick and Bryan Greenberg were born, NOTHING. And I am not being dramatic. What a waste of land. BORING. PS- welcome to the Big Ten, Nebraska.
- And if you stop at a gas station in Nebraska, you'll likely see a gift shop inside the gas station that sells dream catchers, taxidermy-ed everything and t-shirts with wolves on them.
- And also at that same gas station you'll also see a cashier who looks like she stepped out of a Cyndi Lauper video circa 1986 complete with frosty make-up and permed peroxide tresses.
- And then a real live cowboy will call you a sweet little thing as you bounce into the gas station from your car and he'll tell you to "travel safe".
- Every time I drive through Omaha (which has been 4 times total now), I sing that Counting Crows song. I bet they never get that there. *
- Lots of people will text you and want to know where you are and what you're doing. You shouldn't text them back. It's bad to text and drive. Instead just let them worry about you.
- You know you're approaching the Midwest when you start to see Culver's signs along with all of the Subway advertisements at the exits.
- Oh and speaking of Subway, pretty sure there is one at EVERY exit. Ever. And when you're not in the mood for Subway that's when it's all you can find. Kill.
- When the last day involves 15-16 hours of driving, that last hour is torture, but it's exciting torture. The feeling you get when you finally see that gorgeous Chicago skyline, well, it's pure magic. Butterflies rumbly in my tumbly. No other way to describe it.
Monday, August 1, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Captain Obvious would tell you that it's a smoothie. But IT'S NOT. It's a bona-freaking-fide 24 ounce (yes you read that right) MILKSHAKE. I find a place in LA to mask my junk food JUST in time to leave. Figures.
Monday, June 27, 2011
Might have to my MY FIRST MANICURE IN CHICAGO. I'm leaving in a few short days, folks!
PS- this color could be really good or it could make me look like I am dead with decaying fungus-filled fingernails. Let's hope that the latter isn't true!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Apparently it's good animal watching too.
Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Friday, June 10, 2011
"Forgive me, I don’t know if you’re friends with her — but who the hell is Kim Kardashian? Like, who are these people and why are they famous and why are they advertising things and being asked their opinions about things? I just don’t understand what these people did to be in a position of having everyone ask their opinions about stuff. I mean, if there’s something about her personality or something that she’s accomplished or her philosophy on something — but beyond that I don’t understand what’s happening. It’s actually frightening."
- Edie Falco, on reality TV culture, to New York Magazine
"I just want to say to all the girls out there, I know it's cool to be bad. I get it," Reese Witherspoon said during her acceptance speech. "All right, it's cool to be bad, but it's also possible to make it in Hollywood without a reality show. "When I came up in this business, if you made a sex tape, you were embarrassed and you hit it under your bed. And like if you took naked pictures of yourself on your cell phone, you hide your face, people. Hide your face."
If you've been hiding under a rock, this is new to you, if not, I know you've seen/heard it but I can't help it, I MUST post because it was ab-so-lutely brilliant and SPOT ON!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
And I will have actually applied sunscreen on my entire face instead of just most of my face forgetting the top of my nose like I somehow ALWAYS forget.
The search for a great one piece suit has ended. Hallelujah.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I'll tell you what. What's better than the above dress is the fact that it transforms into the dress below. Pure brilliance. And a perfect ceremony-to-reception look.
Swoonballs. Perfection. Not to mention brilliance.
Friday, May 13, 2011
The current version could have had me fooled that it wasn't from 1988 as well. That bottom print screams Saved by the Bell theme song backdrop, doesn't it? For the record, mine was white and it said "Coke is It" in primary colors. Of course it did. My mom was the one who bought it so why wouldn't it say Coke?
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Over the years it got dirrrrty. And not in the Christina Aguilera way. I decided to take it to a cobbler to give it a bath. (Yes I just said cobbler). I dropped it off and he assured me he would have it looking brand new again. I WAS SO EXCITED. I went to pick it up and my heart almost stopped. Instead of using this to clean it: He used this:
To PAINT IT. How do I know? Oh, it smells like spray paint and there is paint on the hardware. Kill. If anyone sees a great purse in that exact color PLEASE let me know. And no, it can't be the Chloe bag that Reese W has been toting around HollyHOOD lately. Sad Ingy.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
I opened the fridge at work last week at work to get milk for my coffee and saw this:
What is wrong with that at first glance? Expires in July 3012! Wow, that crushed garlic is going to last 1001 years!
Ok, this may be lame but it made me do a serious double take.