Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Bowl Behavior.

The last time the Packers had Super Bowl appearances, it was 1996 and 1997. My mother was very creative and quirky and she had some mad love for the Packers. Lord knows what possessed her, but one day she decided to start on a little arts and crafts project. Which of course, in true Sally fashion turned into a massive project.

All it took was pounds and pounds and pounds of pistachios, a fine tip brown marker and plenty of mason jars with Packers stickers! The end product? It looked something like this:

But multiplied by like ten trillion. She gave them to EV-ER-Y-ONE. And she sent some to Mike Holmgren. Of course she did. And he wrote her a letter. Of course he did. Makes me giggle to think about. I can just see her at the kitchen table with her glasses on, hunched over furiously making little footballs out of pistachios. Can of regular Coke at her side at all times of course. Jeopardy on in the background with several crossword puzzles on the table. Happy memory. I know that on Sunday she will have a cheesehead on wherever she may be!

7 comments:

  1. I love this post. And because of you I will be rooting for the Packers on Sunday. Check my blog when you get a sec ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Ingrid, I love this! I hope you have an AMAZING time this weekend! I promise not to take my jealousy out on you upon your return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! Ride Sally Ride and GO PACK GO! Ummm...did I just say that?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ing, this brought tears to my eyes. Have SOO much fun this weekend. You deserve it!
    xoxo,
    t

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a CRAZY good time! Go Pack! Can't wait to hear all about it. BTW I purchased pistachios to make these for our party on Sunday. I loved this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great memory! Great and story and creative woman - just like you!

    ReplyDelete