Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sleep With One Eye Open.

When I don't know what to do about something I call my dad. Even when I know he can't do a DAMN thing to help. And yes, even when I know he won't have a clue what to tell me to do. I can't help it.

I just got back from a weekend visiting with my sis and her fam (and my KIDDOS! I got such sweet hugs and love). I walked in my room and spotted a bug on my bed. Ew. Whatever. I dealt with it. BUT upon further investigation by my sleuth of a roommate (and with the help of google images) we figured out it was (likely) a TICK.
A tick? Um...ok. So what did I do? I called my dad. Here is a peek into our pointless conversation.

Me: Dad?
Dad: Hi Ing. What's up? I just talked to you.
Me: I know. I need help. I found a bug. In my bed.
Dad: A bug?
Me: Yes, a bug. And Katie googled it. And it looks like it might be a tick.
Dad: A tick? Can't be. Unless...Ing, were you in the woods?
Me: Yeah Dad, I've been in the woods (Spoken with heavy SARCASM. Naturally.)
Dad: Well, I don't know. That's usually where ticks are. Ticks aren't in the city. Was it tiny?
Me: Teeny tiny. Well is it one of those things- where you see one there are 10 more? (PANIC in my voice)
Dad: I don't think so. You killed it right?
Me: Yes. But I'm puzzled. Maybe it hitched a ride into the city on a dog who was in the woods.
Dad: Oh Ing, I don't know. It's a mystery of the church.
Me: (Heavy sigh). You don't have the answers I need. Ok, I am done talking about this. If I wake up with Lyme's disease or ticks eat me alive in my sleep, tell Mason and Emme that I love them.
Dad: I don't know what you want me to tell you. Now you're just being silly. You'll be just fine. Maybe you should bleach your sheets though. That's not a bad idea actually.

You see that? That conversation had no point. I knew when I called my dad that he wouldn't have any useful or helpful information for me. And it's now documented that I may get eaten alive in my sleep by creepy little bugs.

1 comment:

  1. Ingy!!! I can help in the tick department...I know them all and what you should be scared of. No ticks have those crazy long legs in the front unless the guy in the picture smooshed and doing something weird. Adult ticks have 8 legs, nymphs (teenager ticks) have 6 and most you will see are hard backed. Does that help? If it's not biting you when you find it, you are ok, just don't squish them, put it in alcohol, that is the only way to kill them.
    Love you!!!
    Parasitologist T

    ReplyDelete