Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Take Me to The Met.

I haven't ever done a round up of The Met Ball before.  There's always a first time for everything (I hear that's what Justin said to Britney. Shhh...don't tell Jessica).

So here you have it, folks.  My absolute favorite from the night I think might have to be Ginnifer Goodwin.  Kudos to Monique L.  Makes me want to overdose on Vitamin C but not in a bad way.

Dianna Agron is pure perfection.  The dress, the hair, the face.  Well the face is hers.  But it's pretty.

And Julia's niece.  Emma.
That one is certainly coming into her own as a little fashionista.  The color mixed with the belt and the peplum.  It'll certainly end up in her 10 best looks if InStyle ever does that featurette about her.  And they will.

Tom and Gisele.
We get it.  You're gorgeous.  You're rich.  You're perfect.  And you laugh together.  And you like to rub it in.  I can't say I blame you.  In fact it looks like Tom may be trying to impregnate his bride with his magical hand powers.  Don't be surprised if there is a little baby Brady part 2 here in 9 months (er, part 3.  Sorry, Bridge).

And I really dig Rihanna's dress.  It's plain and safe (for her at least) but the texture is refreshing and I feel like it's a different look for RiRi.  Plain and safe isn't what the Met Gala is about (just ask SJP- see below).

Katharine McPhee is flawless.  And she also is a dead ringer for Mary Louise Parker here.  No?

And then there's Beyonce.
I see butt cheek.  And I'm going to call her Barbie.  Because that's what she looked like in EVERY SINGLE photo with that pose.  Arms that won't bend.  Barbie.  Boom.  Would've been better if Ken would've been there with her.  Note to Bey-bey: THIS is how you do sheer with lace (and plumage?).
Ms. Mara got it right. Oh so very right.

Bella Swan.  She will always and only be Bella Swan.  That get-up.  Nope.  No.  Uh-uh.  Negative.

Just no.  To everything.  It's a jagged crossword puzzle paired with AC Slater's leather jacket-turned skirt circa 1991.  And some shoes she borrowed from Diane Keaton.  At least she took some time to do her hair! *

And Rachel Zoe.  I like the dress and love the accessories (true).  And she is the look of health and nourishment (false)!
Positive: at least the above photo isn't not as bad as this.

But still.

And Carrie Bradshaw showed up in a dress made out of my Grandma's curtains.  And not my stylish Grandma.  The other one.
Is that a cat crawled up and taking a nap on the couch?  I can't hate on the structure of the dress but I can hate on the print.  And let's not leave out the bow.  I wonder if it smelled like real-life old lady upholstery.  I sure hope it did.  Then that would make it authentic and then you could really call it vintage.  I'm going to end this one on a positive.  I love the cuffs.  There.

And just in case you forgot about Mr. and Mrs. Perfect.  Here is a reminder to send you on your way.

1 comment:

  1. LOVING all of your choices and all the color! Ginnifer Goodwin might be my fave and I totally thought that was Mary Louise Parker until I read - McPhee is stunning. Ahhhh - to die for!

    ReplyDelete